- Look below for the live-streaming platform or service that you want to use.
- Follow the instructions for getting both the RTMP URL and the stream key for that platform/service.
- Enter the RTMP URL and the stream key in SlingStudio Console.
RTMP and RTMPS:
SlingStudio Console supports both RTMP and RTMPS streaming protocols. If you're streaming to a service that requires RTMPS, SlingStudio Console "negotiates" this with the streaming service when you set up your stream. Be sure that you have updated to the latest version of SlingStudio Console to take advantage of this.
Important note: Facebook requires RTMPS streaming as of May 1, 2019. Again, be sure that you're using the latest version of the SlingStudio Console software to ensure that your stream uses the correct protocol.
Keyframe interval rate
For all streaming services, set the Keyframe interval rate to a one-second interval. (You specify this parameter when you set up your stream within SlingStudio Console.)
Want to review Internet connectivity quality as you stream video?
Check out the Live Broadcasting Quality Indicator. Take a look at the links at the bottom of this page.
IMPORTANT: URLs listed below are for convenience only and are subject to change!
Select a streaming service to jump down to it (listed alphabetically):
Adobe Media Server
- Host the Adobe Media Server on Windows, Linux, or on Amazon web services.
- On SlingStudio Console, enter the URL of the Adobe Media Server with the port number from the ams_admin console.
For example: RTMP://192.168.1.105:5423/live
- The stream key can be anything that you want.
- Enter the provided URL into SlingStudio Console along with the stream key for the end user to stream.
For example: RTMP://192.168.1.105:5423/live/streamkey/
- Log in to DaCast : https://my.dacast.com/login
- Click Add. Create a Live Channel.
- Select the channel. Under Encoder Setup, select your encoder.
- Note the Stream URL, Stream Name (the stream key), plus the login and password details.
- In SlingStudio Console, enter these details in the Custom RTMP Screen. Tap Set Destination.
- Start your live broadcast. You can watch the stream on DaCast by clicking Preview.
- If you don't see the stream, check the settings under Preference -> Video Preference -> Make changes in Resolution/Bit rate.
- Go to https://facebook.com/
- Log in to your account, or create an account if you need one.
- If you have never created a page before: At the top of the Facebook page, click Create and then click Page.
Click Get Started beneath the type of page that you want to create, then skip to Step 6.
- If you have existing Pages that you've set up: Along the blue border at the top of the Facebook window, at the far right, look for a downward-facing triangle icon.
Click that icon and choose Manage page[s].
- In the screen that appears, click one of your existing pages. Or click + Create a Page, then click Get Started beneath the type of page that you want to create.
- Follow any the onscreen instructions to finish creating the new page.
- Once you're in the page that you want to use, toward the top of the page, click Publishing Tools.
Note: It may appear abbreviated, like "Publishing To..".
- In the Publishing Tools window, along the left side of the window, click Videos -> Video library
The Video Library screen appears.
- Using the buttons along the top of the Video Library window, click + Live.
The Live API window opens.
- Follow the instructions on the left half of the screen. For Step 2, leave Stream Key selected. Don't change any other settings unless you know what you're doing!
- Over in SlingStudio Console: If you're not there already, in Project Settings, go to Select a Destination (iPad) or SET DESTINATION (Mac), and then Custom RTMP.
- Click Add New RTMP (iPad) or Add a new custom RTMP (Mac).
- In the New Custom RTMP window, type a title for your stream.
- From Facebook, copy the Server URL and the Stream Key text strings over to the SlingStudio Console Custom RTMP settings.
Note: Leave the KEY FRAME INTERVAL at 1 sec.
- When you're done entering settings, click SET DESTINATION.
- In the SlingStudio Project Settings box, click SAVE (iPad) or APPLY (Mac).
- In SlingStudio Console, be sure that you have video in the Program window.
- With an iPad, begin the stream by tapping GO LIVE on the left edge of the Console window. For a Mac, start streaming by clicking LIVE from the upper-right corner of the Console.
- In the box that appears, click GO LIVE.
- Back at the Facebook page, click Go live to begin streaming.
First: Make sure your account is enabled for Live broadcast. Once that's done, follow this procedure:
- Go to the Kaltura Management Console (KMC) and log in:
- Inside the blue band of icons, tap/click Create to create a live event.
- In the box that appears, choose Create Live Stream Entry.
- In the Create Live Stream Entry dialog box, fill out the required fields, and then tap/click Create.
- You should see a Success dialog box. Tap/click Yes to view entry details.
The Entry Details dialog box displays.
- From the Entry Details dialog box, choose Live Stream from the left-side panel.
The Live Stream screen displays.
- From the Live Stream screen, find the Primary URL and the Stream name entries.
- Copy the Primary URL entry into the proper SlingStudio Console field for the RTMP stream that you are setting up.
- Do the same for the Stream name (or Stream key) entry.
- The Kaltura RTMP stream is now set up.
- Go to https://www.meridix.com
- Create an account.
- Go to the broadcaster portal at https://manager.meridix.com
- From the main menu, select Live -> Stream Keys
- Enter the provided server URL and stream key into SlingStudio Console.
Here's some additional information from Meridix that you might find helpful:
Please direct any questions about these procedures to Meridix.
- Host the NGNIX server on Windows or Linux.
- On SlingStudio Console, enter the URL of the NGINX server with the port number given in the
For example: RTMP://192.168.1.105:5563/live
- The stream key can be whatever you like.
- Start the NGNIX server.
- Enter the provided URL into SlingStudio Console, along with the stream key for the end user to
For example: RTMP://192.168.1.105:5563/live/streamkey/
Red5 Media Server
- Host the Red5 Media Server on Windows or Linux.
- Start the Red5 Media Server by running red5.sh
- Launch the Red5 service on the web browser of the server.
For example: localhost:5080/demos/publisher.html
- Initiate a connection to the server.
- Enter the stream name.
- In SlingStudio Console, enter the URL of the Red5 Media Server with the port number given in red5.properties file and the stream key entered on the publisher. For example: RTMP://22.214.171.124:5578/oflaDemo ; Streamkey: stream1
- Enter the provide URL into SlingStudio Console along with stream key for the end user to stream.
- For example: RTMP://126.96.36.199:5578/oflaDemo/stream1
- Create an account at https://www.twitch.tv/
- Click the Username and select the Dashboard option.
- Under Dashboard select Settings -> Stream Key -> Show Key -> Copy the Stream Key (The stream key is unique for every individual account)
- For the RTMP Server URL, go to https://bashtech.net/twitch/ingest.php and
select the URL as per your location.
- Copy the Server URL and the Stream key to the SlingStudio Console Custom RTMP feature. Start the broadcast.