- Look below for the live-streaming platform or service that you want to use.
- Follow the instructions for getting both the RTMP URL and the stream key for that platform/service.
- Enter the RTMP URL and the stream key in SlingStudio Console.
Should you need to know: the keyframe interval rate for SlingStudio RTMP is set to a one-second interval.
IMPORTANT: URLs listed below are for convenience only and are subject to change!
Select a streaming service to jump down to it (listed alphabetically):
Adobe Media Server
- Host the Adobe Media Server on Windows, Linux, or on Amazon web services.
- On SlingStudio Console, enter the URL of the Adobe Media Server with the port number from the ams_admin console.
For example: RTMP://192.168.1.105:5423/live
- The stream key can be anything that you want.
- Enter the provided URL into SlingStudio Console along with the stream key for the end user to stream.
For example: RTMP://192.168.1.105:5423/live/streamkey/
- Log in to DaCast : https://my.dacast.com/login
- Click Add. Create a Live Channel.
- Select the channel. Under Encoder Setup, select your encoder.
- Note the Stream URL, Stream Name (the stream key), plus the login and password details.
- In SlingStudio Console, enter these details in the Custom RTMP Screen. Tap Set Destination.
- Start your live broadcast. You can watch the stream on DaCast by clicking Preview.
- If you don't see the stream, check the settings under Preference -> Video Preference -> Make changes in Resolution/Bit rate.
First: Make sure your account is enabled for Live broadcast. Once that's done, follow this procedure:
- Go to the Kaltura Management Console (KMC) and log in:
- Inside the blue band of icons, tap/click Create to create a live event.
- In the box that appears, choose Create Live Stream Entry.
- In the Create Live Stream Entry dialog box, fill out the required fields, and then tap/click Create.
- You should see a Success dialog box. Tap/click Yes to view entry details.
The Entry Details dialog box displays.
- From the Entry Details dialog box, choose Live Stream from the left-side panel.
The Live Stream screen displays.
- From the Live Stream screen, find the Primary URL and the Stream name entries.
- Copy the Primary URL entry into the proper SlingStudio Console field for the RTMP stream that you are setting up.
- Do the same for the Stream name (or Stream key) entry.
- The Kaltura RTMP stream is now set up.
- Go to https://www.meridix.com
- Create an account.
- Go to the broadcaster portal at https://manager.meridix.com
- From the main menu, select Live -> Stream Keys
- Enter the provided server URL and stream key into SlingStudio Console.
Here's some additional information from Meridix that you might find helpful:
Please direct any questions about these procedures to Meridix.
- Host the NGNIX server on Windows or Linux.
- On SlingStudio Console, enter the URL of the NGINX server with the port number given in the
For example: RTMP://192.168.1.105:5563/live
- The stream key can be whatever you like.
- Start the NGNIX server.
- Enter the provided URL into SlingStudio Console, along with the stream key for the end user to
For example: RTMP://192.168.1.105:5563/live/streamkey/
Red5 Media Server
- Host the Red5 Media Server on Windows or Linux.
- Start the Red5 Media Server by running red5.sh
- Launch the Red5 service on the web browser of the server.
For example: localhost:5080/demos/publisher.html
- Initiate a connection to the server.
- Enter the stream name.
- In SlingStudio Console, enter the URL of the Red5 Media Server with the port number given in red5.properties file and the stream key entered on the publisher. For example: RTMP://18.104.22.168:5578/oflaDemo ; Streamkey: stream1
- Enter the provide URL into SlingStudio Console along with stream key for the end user to stream.
- For example: RTMP://22.214.171.124:5578/oflaDemo/stream1
- Create an account at https://www.twitch.tv/
- Click the Username and select the Dashboard option.
- Under Dashboard select Settings -> Stream Key -> Show Key -> Copy the Stream Key (The stream key is unique for every individual account)
- For the RTMP Server URL, go to https://bashtech.net/twitch/ingest.php and
select the URL as per your location.
- Copy the Server URL and the Stream key to the SlingStudio Console Custom RTMP feature. Start the broadcast.