Performing a reset on your SlingStudio unit returns all of its settings to the defaults. It does not undo firmware updates, however.
Generally, you should not need to do this, as most problems are likely to be the result of poor Wi-Fi connections, low batteries, improperly connected devices (cables not connected), or some other problem that can be fixed fairly easily.
Also, understand that it is normal for the SlingStudio unit to take a minute or two to start up. During that time, the top (blue) LED blinks continuously. Give the SlingStudio unit at least two minutes to complete the startup process. You'll know it's ready when the blue LED stops blinking and glows continuously.
Why might you perform a reset of your SlingStudio unit?
- You have forgotten its Wi-Fi hotspot password;
- The SlingStudio hotspot isn't available, even after rebooting the SlingStudio several times;
- You want to erase your settings;
- You want to erase your settings and any content that is stored inside the SlingStudio unit itself.
Remember that there is no "undo" once you perform a reset operation on your SlingStudio unit.
To reset the SlingStudio unit
- Wait until the SlingStudio unit is fully booted up before resetting it.
- Using a straightened paper clip, press and hold the recessed Reset button for just over 10 seconds. The Reset button is recessed into a tiny hole just above the USB-C port. The SlingStudio status LED "band" blinks orange.
- Allow two minutes for the SlingStudio to finish resetting. When the LED band glows steadily orange, it is in Reset mode.
- Using the Console app, follow the on-screen instructions:
- Tap GO TO WI-FI SETTINGS (you need to reconnect to your SlingStudio hotspot).
- Look for your SlingStudio hotspot as something like SlingStudio_xx_xx_xx where "x" can be numbers or letters. (If you have previously set a custom hotspot name, that is now reset to the default.) Select the hotspot.
- Return to the Console app and continue. You see the SlingStudio Reset Mode screen.
- Select one of these options:
- Change SlingStudio Wi-Fi hotspot settings (to change the SlingStudio Wi-Fi hotspot name or hotspot password).
- Reset All Settings to change all SlingStudio settings back to factory defaults.
- Erase All Content and Settings wipes your SlingStudio completely clean, including all content files.
- Select No, Just Restart my SlingStudio Normally if you've changed your mind about changing things.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process that you chose.