On some occasions, an Error 200 message can occur if
you're streaming to Facebook Live. If you're seeing this:
- First, make sure that you have the latest version of the SlingStudio Console app on your Apple iPad or your Apple Mac computer. (The download links are in the Updating SlingStudio Console section, below.)
- If you're still seeing an Error 200 message, even with the latest version
of the SlingStudio app, then refer to the Workaround section below.
As part of its efforts to address data protection for its
users, Facebook released API (software) updates on August 1, 2018. Along with that, Sling Media updated SlingStudio Console to work with
this Facebook update.
That SlingStudio Console update is available now.
versions of the SlingStudio Console app no longer work with Facebook
Live streaming. While by far the best solution is to update your version of SlingStudio Console, if you must use a previous Console version, the only workaround is setting up a custom RTMP
stream within the SlingStudio Console app. (For more information about doing
that, see Setting up custom RTMP streams for popular live-streaming
destinations, linked below.)
Updating SlingStudio Console
Again, it's best to update SlingStudio Console as
soon as possible:
- SlingStudio Console app for Apple iPad: Download it here from the Apple App Store.
- SlingStudio Console app for Apple Mac: Download from myslingstudio.com/downloads.
Error 200 workaround
In the unlikely event that you're still seeing an Error
200 message, even after updating to the latest version of
SlingStudio Console on your Apple iPad or Apple Mac computer, here's a workaround
that you can try.
Error 200 is an authentication problem—meaning that there
are issues with providing your user ID and password.
Streaming SlingStudio video live via Facebook requires two
sets of authentication:
- The first authentication tells Facebook that it's okay to get your user information (your public profile, Friends list, events, and so forth);
- The second authentication is your approval to publish the live
video post on your timeline.
If you somehow did not offer the second authentication, then
you'll see Error 200 when you try to post your video stream.
Resolving an Error 200:
- Log out from Facebook
completely, both from the SlingStudio Console app, and from Facebook on
the Safari web browser on your iPad:
- From the SlingStudio Console
app, tap Project Settings (from the control strip on the left side
of the screen, tap the icon just below the SlingStudio logo).
- In Project Settings,
under Live Broadcasting, tap your Broadcast Destination.
- Tap your broadcast destination
again in the Destinations screen.
- Tap Log Out in the
upper-right corner of the Facebook screen.
- Go to Facebook on your iPad
Safari web browser, and log out from there as well.
- Log in again to Facebook as
needed (from the Console app, and from a web browser on your computer). Be
sure to grant any permissions that are requested.
Important: For now, from
the Console app, you can only access Facebook Pages that you have created, or
those to which you have administrator access. Live streaming to Facebook Groups
is expected to be supported in a future Facebook release.
Facebook no longer allows live
streaming to Facebook Events.